Max and Jan

Saturday, March 14, 2009

TRUCKIN'

Here we go!!!
Max is off to Los Lunos New Mexico. Max and I took a Semi truck ride to The Flyin J to gas up. I had hoped it would make me feel more comfortable that he was takin to the road and headin south but....It didn't. I will say that there is not much my husband can't do. After all..." He is the best boat backer known to the civilized world".. Quote unquote and I know you kids have heard this more than once.We drove out of the cul-da-sac and I was not sure how in the world he could navigate the truck out and he did. He brought us right back in and backed up pretty dang good. He stated that most normal men would not even attempt it. I agreed but reminded him that he NEVER HAS BEEN NORMAL!
Life has a way of of making a complete flip flop and it has for us. If you would have told me we would be living like this one year ago, I would never have believed it. Are we grateful??? More than anyone could possibly imagine. My husband is being treated like he should have been treated for 24 years and he has joy once again. The only thing I regret is that when he was 21 that he could have had a full blown college education because he has a great mind and has had to work hard for everything he has ever recieved. I think he would have been great in the medical feild.
This opens a new chapter for us and turns a page. Max aced the skills test at his school(There have only been 2 that did that)and his grade 97.66 in his school was in the top 5 percentile. He is sporting about 5 new certificates that he got on his exit interview.He now has a full blown CDL with all the credentials to drive any loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment