Max and Jan

Monday, September 29, 2008

Star Valley Football game

Max and I rode over to Afton Wyoming to see Bryces game last friday. What a beautiful ride. All the fall colors and a fire up a canyon as we drove down into the valley. It had been a long time since I had even headed in that direction. I remember going up Crow Creek to go hunting with Chris's Aunt Lori and Uncle Mike and the Days before Chris was ever born.
Bryce got to play as a defensive end. Dallen Bills' back was giving him fits and he went out. Bryce did very well. His Dad watches his every move and was pretty proud of his filling that position. Bryce admitted he was nervous but he did very well. The game was tied at the end of the 4rth qtr and they did that goofy Kansas City playoff thing. The StarValley braves took 10 downs and finally got a toucdown and the point after. We had only our and it went right to a Star Valley players hands. I am counting on Max or Bryce to give you a more accurate account of the last play. What can I say...I am a girl.

(Star Valley got the ball first and we were called for two different Pass Interference penalties. Each time they got a first and goal. On their 10th play from scrimmage they scored. We were flagged for holding on our first play from scrimmage resulting in a 1st and goal rom the 20. We still should have scored and can't blame the refs for the loss.) Max

We stopped over to Mom's and Dad's on the way home. We tried to catch Brock, Kathy, and the kids but They left and went to the Circus in Salt Lake. I remember taking Chris. That was sooo fun. Shucks I want to go. Anyway, when we got to Mom and Dad's, we had some blueberry pie and I looked over at my dad and he had a large cookie in his pocket. I LOOKED twice and went what the heck does he have a cookie in his pocket for?? I said dad do you always carry your cookies in your pocket?? We all laughed and Mom especially laughed. She hadn't seen it. He said he carried them in his pockets so he wouldn't have to come CLEAR back tothe house for a snack. That was so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment